The icy waters of the Saint-Lawrence will host forty ice canoeing teams racing over several kilometers. Ice canoeing is an extreme sport unique to this part of the country and for spectators that enjoy the river shores as well as action sports, this is an ideal activity to watch. The race course is extremely exciting since it consists of a loop between the historic Clock Tower, the Alexandra basin, the Cité-du-Havre park and Saint Helen island. An interesting particularity about the Montreal track is the proximity between racers and spectators all along the way. The mythical passage towards Saint Helen island through the fierce Saint Mary current is absolutely spectacular to see.
For more information, visit www.deficanotaglace.ca
Saturday February 21 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 11am: Music and entertainment starts and free snow shoe activity
- 12:30: Canoes take their start positions
- 12:45: Start of the women’s Elite class
- 1pm: Start of the Sport class
- 1:15: Start of the men’s Elite class
- 3pm: Approximate time of last canoe crossing the finish line
- 3 to 3:30pm: Medal ceremony
Located at the Montreal Yacht Club, Clock Tower Quay